Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Ugly Truth

What I'm about to post is somewhat positive and somewhat disturbing (for me...maybe for you).
I took photos of myself this morning so I can begin the documentation of what these workouts will do for my body. Some of you will say, "Oh that's nothing!". Others may be mortified. It doesn't matter either way because you don't have to live in my body. I am in front of the mirror doing my job EVERYDAY except Sunday. As a dancer and dance teacher, I know when my body is "heavy". It may not look that way to you, but ask any athlete. We have been trained to be in tune with our body, to produce entertainment, to win with our bodies on display. We know when things just aren't right. I honestly cannot wait to start working out tomorrow. I'm anxious to know which workouts are the real fat burners they claim to be. Here are the "Before" pictures:



Zero definition! Must get upper body strength!
Now can you see what I'm talking about!!?

Fat rolls go away!

Side Belly
Dreaded Inner Thighs

And the dreaded love handles


While I don't have much weight to lose, I have a lot of muscle to gain. I'm hoping for real results-just like any person who is starting a new diet/workout regime.
Here are the rules I am going to abide by with these workouts :
1. If the workout does not have an amount of time listed (ex: 6 pack abs in 10 days), I will use the workout for 2 weeks. I think this is a sufficient amount of time
2. I will not change my diet- I do not eat poorly. Yes I love the occasional fast food, but this all is supposed to be realistic. No one achieved health and wellness by sticking to the No carb diet for the rest of their life. I will tell you everything I do eat, however.
3. Well...I don't have another rule, but I'm going to save it. I'm sure I will need one as I begin this process.

If there is a workout you see and you want me to try it-message me! I'm open to pretty much anything-and I do like a challenge ;)

See you all tomorrow! -J

No comments:

Post a Comment