Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Week 7 and my day in Hell

On the very first day of week 7, I puked. It was stomach acid only, but nonetheless, I puked. I sort of chuckled about it through the day and when I told Mandy, we had a good laugh about it too. I've been having a hard time cleaning up dog poop or cat/dog throw up as it would turn my stomach and make me gag. That's unusual for me. I went about my day feeling normal until bed time. I had some serious indigestion and I took a half of Tums to see if it would do anything.  I fell asleep, but was awake by 3am with horrible pain. Acid Reflux in full effect! I propped myself up on pillows, too, a Tums and drifted in and out of sleep for the next hour. Right at 4am, I was throwing up everything in my stomach including those Tums (which did nothing to help me). I felt somewhat better and went back to bed for a few hours only to wake up with the same intense pain I felt at 3am. I knew I wouldn't be able to teach and text everyone I needed to get my classes covered and rehearsals cancelled. I Googled all things that would help this horrible pain and went to Walgreens. I had read somewhere that women were taking Prevacid and I felt hopeful. I wanted to double check with the pharmacist before I did actually take anything. And so I asked him and he said anything that I take has to be prescribed by the doctor because it is so early in my pregnancy and to take Tums. GRRRRR! I told him Tums did not help and if they had any ginger drops and he looked puzzled and said he had never seen those there before. REALLY!?? I grabbed a case of Ginger Ale and a pack of peppermint gum and left. Feeling angry and sad. I popped open a can of ginger ale and put a piece of gum in my mouth and proceeded to CVS. Again no ginger drops but there was these chewy Tums that I bought as well as some Rolaids because at this point, I would try anything.

I sat on the couch most of the day and was not able to eat really anything. I fit in an apple, less than a cup of chicken soup and a few bites of rice that night. Not only was my stomach on fire, but my lower back and hips were also hurting. I couldn't understand why something the size of a blueberry was making my body do the most horrendous things. My husband lovingly said, "maybe you have a bushel of blueberries". NO! My Mom called and recommended Coconut Water and my hero went out to buy me some. Whoever drinks that on the regular can kiss my behind. It tastes very bad in my opinion. I don't know if it was what helped me or if the blueberry decided to simmer down, but by bedtime I was feeling decent and slept like a champ.

This morning I woke up fresh faced and with a headache. No doubt from the lack of food I ate yesterday. Fruit loops called my name and I am currently trying to digest them. I really hope to NEVER have a day like yesterday. It was so miserable and I was so useless. 23 days until my appointment.... praying there is a little heartbeat in there <3
xo-JV

No comments:

Post a Comment