Thursday, February 20, 2014

The end of Week 11

I'm seriously pregnant. It's real. The ultrasound made it very real to me; seeing that flashing (beating) heart on the ultrasound machine made everything come true. My visit to the doctors on Tuesday was great. They took like 5 vials of blood, did the normal pap stuff, and talked to me about any questions I had. My doctor has been my gyno for 15 years and has had the same nurse for that long so they know me, and that is comforting. What is also comforting is that this guy is a straight shooter. Some may see this as not having a good bedside manner, but I see this as someone who won't sugar coat the bad stuff and will just tell me what I need to hear and not fluff. I like that. I need that kind of person. If something isn't going to go right, or its going to hurt badly- I need to know; I don't want to hear "everything will be fine". Let me decide that.

Telling our friends and families has been both amazing and exhausting. Both of my husband's sisters called yelling and crying and barely able to form sentences. It was hilarious. The congratulations keep on rolling in and the Facebook comments are honestly just too much to read. I am super appreciative to hear how many people love and support our family. My favorite thing so far has been telling my dance families, especially my younger dancers. They ask questions about the sex of the baby, what I would like to have, what I will name it and my favorite so far, "well when you have a baby, who will teach us?". After I explain that I will have a substitute for just a little while, their faces cheer up, understanding that I will be back. Another great comment I keep receiving after I say there is a baby in my belly is, "But you are still skinny". LOL. I then smooth down my shirt and let them see that there is a small baby bump there and explain that my baby is smaller than an apple right now. I still have more students and parents to tell, but I am so happy that the cat is out of the bag because I don't have to hide my little bump anymore and look like the fat dance teacher (yes we have image problems, we stand in front of the mirror more hours than anyone else in the world- wouldn't you be critical of your body if looking at yourself in the mirror was part of your job? Lol).

I have another Ultrasound on Monday and I think maybe even more blood tests. If you are reading this in Florida- I hope you are enjoying the weather as much as I am. As for the rest of you, I'm sorry. :) Have a glorious Day! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment