Monday, July 28, 2014

Week 34 and Hitting the Proverbial Wall

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of fun, busy with family and friends and trying to get the last things checked off on the to-do list. My birthday/baby shower weekend was amazing. My awesome husband flew my cousin in and my aunt and uncle also flew in (but that was a total surprise). We received wonderful gifts at the shower and continue to be blessed with the things that we need for this little girl when she gets here. It took me a few days to recover from all the fun and I also taught my last classes of the summer last week.

I don't think I've ever felt so tired in my life. This is it... the home stretch, but it feels like a battle that continues to climb uphill and that hill is getting steeper and steeper. Visits to the doctor have been every two weeks and today was particularly interesting. My doctors office is located across the street from the hospital; there is a parking garage in which I always park on the 2nd floor, walk down a flight of stairs, cross the street and take the elevator up to the 8th floor to the doctor. Up until today I always took those stairs like a champ, feeling great and never had a complaint. Today I wished for a wheelchair, an ice water, and the elevator.  This weekend my husband told me I looked so miserable. The truth is, I feel miserable. I want to live in the frozen food isle at the grocery store because its the only place that I feel cool. Sleeping is increasingly difficult and some mornings I'm up at 4:30. When I shift positions, it is often painful because the baby is weighing so heavy to one side, she too has to adjust. I can't take naps due to my migraines and I'm so tired of food. Many of you just laugh at that, but it is so true. I'm so sick of eating. I don't even want to look at food anymore! Previously I would see women at the grocery store or randomly around town looking disheveled, no makeup, hair in ponytail, clothes that don't matter.... this is now me. My passion for makeup is so big, but I can't even bare to do it now more than a few times a week. This is the wall. I've hit it. I can do nothing else but wait 6 more weeks for this angel baby to get here.

Although the trek from the parking garage was hot and tiring, my doctor's appointment went well. Heart beat sounded great, I gained 3 lbs (total of 24 now) and the doctor estimates the baby is around 4 pounds right now. I see him again in 2 weeks and get my Streptococcus test then. After that It's every week! She has been head down since my last visit and continues to be in that position. I've been having a little anxiety about the actual delivery, but I think its more because I don't know when it will happen (control freak right here) than because of the pain. I can endure pain because I know it will end at some point. But for now- keep baking the bun! Xo- JV

No comments:

Post a Comment