Monday, March 3, 2014

The Second Trimester: Days 1-3

I am a knowledge junkie. If I hear about something and I don't know who/what/where it is, you can bet that I will be Googling it sometime in the near future. I have been this way for as long as I remember and I am this way with my pregnancy. Almost all women I have spoken to about my pregnancy have told me about feeling their best in the second trimester. You can bet that I read about it as well. In the past week I have been riddled with horrible morning sickness and vomiting. Earlier in the week I even had a migraine which is unusual because I have not touched any of my triggers leading me to believe it was hormonally induced. I have been anticipating today, the beginning of the second trimester. I was expecting rainbows and ice cream sundaes, but instead got more nausea and the worst back/side pain I have ever felt. I made my way through work by making sure that I ate frequently so that the nausea would keep at bay, and by the end of my 5 hour teaching day I was exhausted. I had plans to take my Mom to dinner for her birthday and knew that I needed to make it a few  more hours on my feet. All day I had a nagging pain that would come and go in my right side, but then it hit me. Like daggers in between my ribs (in my back), I had no idea what was going on. I thought of the possibilities; over stretch, kidney infection, and because the pain traveled to the front at times, appendicitis. GOOGLE came up with many posts by women who experienced the same pain due to the shifting of organs, expansion of the rib cage and round ligament pain.  I was shopping in Pier One before my Mom's dinner and almost had to sit down out of sheer uncomfortableness. I couldn't take it anymore so I left the store and tried to relax in the car for a while before dinner. What a miserable pain to deal with.
After dinner I came home and laid in bed and by the next morning all the pain was gone. BUT I felt bigger than I did previously. In fact I went to my parents house for dinner Sunday night and my Dad said "WHOA! You got so big in a week". I can always rely on him to tell me the truth. So I believe those horrible pains were just my body's way of making more room for baby. No nausea all day Sunday and Today (Monday) I woke up and even ate an egg for breakfast! That's huge news for me. Before I was pregnant I would have an egg at least 3 times a week for breakfast. Since getting pregnant, the idea of it is so nauseating that I usually just eat a bagel or some dry cereal. I at an egg, toast, and slice of cheese for breakfast- no nausea, no vomiting---could this turn out to be rainbows and butterflies after all ?? Let's not jinx it ;)
Have an amazing Monday! I'm pretty sure I will! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment